Sunrise

Hi!
I get up quite early in the mornings at the moment so I am able to watch the sun rise whilst eating my breakfast. I watched the sunrise this morning and it was absolutely beautiful so I just wanted to share a picture that I took out of the window today. The sky looked so pretty and I loved the pastel pink shades that contrasted with the murky blue.


Whilst looking at this picture, I was reminded of a rhyme that people say when the sky is pink/red.



'Red sky at night, shepherds' delight.
Red sky in the morning, shepherds' warning'


I decided to do some research about what this little rhyme actually means and where is comes from. I found out that it actually was originally an ancient rhyme used by sailors. It was to help predict the weather. The red sky or sun in the morning was supposed to symbolise that a storm was coming and it was to warn sailors to be careful on rough seas.

I hope you enjoyed my short but interesting post on the sunrise and an old rhyme.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts