Christmas Anagrams

Hello!

Today I wanted to do something a bit different. Recently, I did a quiz at school and one of the rounds was an anagram round. Each question was an anagram of a famous film and you had to try and figure out what each one was. It was a really fun activity so I wanted to have a go at writing some. I am going to do some Christmas anagrams. I'll put the answers at the bottom.

Christmas Carols
Sweet Gherkin
Tinsel Thing          
Jolt Worthy Doe  
Yawning Man Area
Honest Trifle        

Christmas Films
Ivy Titan
They Had Oil
Vacuole Tally
Amchair Thrusts
The Spa Explorers

Christmas Decorations
Some Title
Ascendancy
Rarest Chemist
Silent
Shy Fig Trial


How many could you guess? Here are the answers:
1. We Three Kings
2. Silent Night
3. Joy to the World
4. Away in a manger
5. The First Noel
6. Nativity
7. The Holiday
8. Love Actually
9. Arthur Christmas
10. The Polar Express
11. Mistletoe
12. Candy Canes
13. Christmas Tree
14. Tinsel
15. Fairy Lights

I used this website to help me with the anagrams. It suggested words and I had to look through them and pick ones that made sense when they were put together. Coming up with these anagrams was so fun! My favourites are sweet gherkin and the spa explorers.

Here's a fact is about how the word Christmas is sometimes shortened to Xmas. Did you know that...
"X" represents the Greek letter "Chi", which is the first letter of the Greek word for Christ, "Χριστός". This is why Christmas is sometimes shortened to Xmas.

That's it for today. Come back soon for more!

Comments

Popular Posts