How I Get into the Festive Spirit

Hi!
I'm back with a Christmassy post today about how I get into the festive spirit. I'm still going to school at the moment and I'm sure many of my readers are doing the same, or working. It can be difficult to feel Christmassy when you have bits of work to do or deadlines hanging over you. However, there are a few things that I like to do in the build up to Christmas that make me feel really festive.


The first is listening to Christmas music. I'm a huge fan of all the classic Christmas pop songs and if you want to find out more about my favourite Christmas songs, check out a post I did last year for Blogmas by following this link. I think my favourite is still 'All I want for Christmas is you' by Mariah Carey. I like to listen to Christmas music when I'm eating my breakfast or sometimes I play it quietly in the background when I'm doing some work.

I also like to wrap up warm in December with a nice Christmas jumper. I love wearing Christmas jumpers and I can't wait to go shopping soon to buy a new one. Winter is also the perfect time to wear some warm scarves and hats. I have a grey bobble hat that I absolutely love and I have loads of scarves that I always forget to wear! Christmas is the perfect opportunity to wear all those big scarves at the back of your wardrobe.

Decorating the house is one of my favourite things to do and although we haven't put it up yet, our Christmas tree arrived today and I can't wait to decorate it. I think that will feature on another of my blog posts soon! Christmas decorations are on sale everywhere and you can also make your own really easily. I made some snowflakes to decorate my locker at school and I love hanging fairy lights in my bedroom. Having decorations up around the house makes me feel so festive!

Christmas is such an exciting time of the year and there are always lots of parties and fun things to do so start planning things to do over the holidays! You could visit a Christmas market, go Christmas shopping with your friends or go ice skating. There are so many exciting things to do.

I also love writing Christmas cards. I like to do little drawings in them and write special messages for each person. It can be a long job if you have a lot of cards to write, but I usually write my Christmas cards whilst watching a Christmassy film and drinking something hot out of a Christmas mug. This year I have already written some really cute cards, but I'm also planning to make my own cards to give to family and close friends. Maybe that will be on a future blog post!

I found a Christmas fact is about Christmas trees. Here it is:

The British Christmas Tree Growers Association estimates that in the U.K. we buy between 6 and 8 million real Christmas trees every year.

I can't believe we buy that many trees! I hope you have enjoyed this post and that you now feel inspired to do something Christmassy and start feeling festive. Only 23 sleeps to go!

Comments

Popular Posts