A New Year, A New Change

Hello!
Today I wanted to introduce a new change to my blog- my blog's new background. I went for quite a sophisticated flowery design and I think it looks really nice. I'm really excited for what this year will bring and I hope it will be very successful for you all too!

It's typical at New Year for people to talk about resolutions and I have done blog posts before about the New Year's resolutions I have set. However I was thinking recently and I decided that New Year's resolutions are a bit overrated. If you want to set a resolution, why not do it when you need to, not just at New Year. People change all the time and I think it is important to think about what you can do to become a better person, not just at New Year. However, changing who you are isn't always a good thing. I know I am sounding quite paradoxical considering I have just told you we should be thinking about changing how we behave and what we do. Be who you want to be and don't change because you feel uncomfortable, or because someone is pushing you into it. Change can be good, but only do it if deep down you feel it is right. There is no point pretending to be someone you are not. I also think it is important not to be scared of change. It can be frightening at first but on the other side there might be surprises in store. You may experience something amazing by allowing a bit of change in your life. I think these thoughts are explained in the quote:

'Don't be afraid to change. You may lose something good but you may gain something better.'

By all means, make New Year's Resolutions but don't be afraid to change at other times too. I usually set a New Year's Resolution for my blog because I think it helps me to develop and gives me some motivation. In the post 2015, I summarised the year 2015 for me and then set myself some resolutions for 2016. The resolution related to my blog was to post more than 28 times altogether. I managed to post 60 times! I think this is really impressive. I'm not going to aim ridiculously high this year but I would like to try and post at least twice a month, totalling to around 24 posts altogether. I may not manage this every week because I have exams approaching this year, but I can always make up for it by doing Blogmas! On the topic of Blogmas, I enjoyed it so much and would really like to do it this year too.

What do you think about New Year's resolutions?

Comments

Popular Posts