My Current Top 5 Favourite Pieces of Music

Hello!
Wow, it has been ages since I've posted. Sorry for the delay! If you know me at all, you will know that I love music. It is a major part of my life and I really enjoy both listening to and playing music. Today I wanted to share a list of my current top 5 favourite pieces of music. This list constantly changes as I hear different music and suddenly change my mind about what I like the most, but this list is what my favourites are at the moment. Maybe I'll write another post like this later on in the year with different pieces/songs. There's going to be a mixture of classical and more contemporary pop music so hopefully there will be something that everyone will enjoy in this list. They aren't in any particular order because picking 5 pieces/songs was hard enough! I don't think I could rate them in order. I might include links to a few of these pieces that I think you should listen to!
1. Haydn Trumpet Concerto in Eb
I'm starting off with a classical piece of music. This is my favourite concerto- in the world! I may be biased seeing as I play the trumpet but this is such a lovely concerto, composed by one of the most famous classical composers. My favourite movement is the 2nd one which has such a beautiful, soaring melody. It is a real treat to hear a professional trumpet playing this piece so I urge you all to go on YouTube and watch a performance of this concerto. It is truly amazing. Here is a link to a video of Alison Balsom (a famous trumpet player) playing this concerto. I love the way she plays the cadenza part of the 1st movement. I know the video's quality isn't great but it is the only one I could find of the whole concerto!

2. Castle on the Hill and Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
I cheated here by listing two songs by the same artist, but I couldn't pick between them! These songs are recent pop songs by one of my favourite artists. They both feature on Ed Sheeran's new album: Divide. I find Ed Sheeran's music really interesting to listen to, as his songs feature very catchy melodies. I also think he has a really nice voice that goes well with the style of music that he sings. These songs are ones that I like to listen to in the mornings while eating my breakfast as it puts me in a good mood for the day!

3. Kiss the Rain by Yiruma
This piece is a piano piece by the talented pianist and composer Yiruma. I love this piece because it has the most beautiful melodies and harmonies. Yiruma uses rubato to make the piece sound dreamy and plays in such a musical way. It is very relaxing so is a good piece to listen to if you are stressed about exams or work. Here is a link to a selection of Yiruma's music. Kiss the Rain is the second piece but I would recommend listening to the first as well. It is very pretty.

4. Blackwater by Fergal Carroll
This is a piece of music that I played in my concert band. I don't think it is that well known but I really enjoyed playing it so I wanted to include it in this list. When I played this piece, I was playing a harmony part and I loved playing the rich harmonies. Each instrument has its time to shine and there are some really beautiful moments in the piece.

5. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur
I fell in love with this pop song just before Christmas. I hadn't heard James Arthur sing before but I was taken aback by this song. I like the way it starts with a guitar because these days, natural instruments are frequently being replaced for synthesised sounds. The lyrics are really powerful and I love listening to this song, even though it has been around for quite a while now!

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please listen to one or more of these pieces/songs because I think that they are amazing! I'd love to know what your favourite songs/pieces are. Let me know!
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts