My Holiday in America

Hello!
It is half way through September and I for one am missing Summer. I was lucky enough to travel to the west coast of America for a wonderful holiday this summer and I've been dying to blog about my trip for ages now! I'm sorry this post has taken so long to write. I took so many pictures on my trip that I have had a very hard time choosing which ones to include! I'm going to write about and share pictures of my favourite places that we saw on the trip: The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Pismo Beach and Los Angeles.

The Grand Canyon
 The Grand Canyon was one of the most spectacular places that I have ever visited. We walked along lots of trails, admiring the stunning scenery, and used the shuttle buses to get to the viewpoints that were further away. It was one of the highlights of the trip and it is a must for anyone planning a trip to America. Unfortunately these photos don't do it justice as there is lots of pollution there, so it is difficult to get a good photo!


Las Vegas
Las Vegas was definitely not what I was expecting! I was amazed by all of the skyscraper-like hotels and huge billboards around me as we first drove into the city. It really comes alive at night, with vibrant lights and fountain shows. We were staying on the 31st floor of a huge hotel and the views were magnificent! We also had our first proper evening meal in Las Vegas and ordered nachos, burgers and huge glasses of soda, however we regretted ordering so much when we saw the size of the burgers! Despite not staying long, Las Vegas was probably my favourite place that we saw on the trip.




Yosemite
After finally figuring out how to pronounce it, we set off to Yosemite The scenery was so beautiful and it contrasted hugely to the bright lights of Vegas. From waterfalls, to rivers, to giant trees, this national park is full of picturesque landscapes just waiting to be photographed. Yosemite is another place that you MUST visit if you go to this part of America.





San Francisco
San Francisco is a busy city on the coast. One of the best things we did there was visiting Alcatraz, a former prison on an island nearby. Although I was a bit nervous about this as I'm not a big fan of boats, I really enjoyed the experience. I would really recommend the audio tour. Another thing I enjoyed doing was exploring the China Town there, including seeing fortune cookies being made. We also rented bikes and cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge which was great. It was very windy on the bridge and there were cyclists everywhere, but it was a good way to get to see different parts of the city too. I didn't get any good pictures of the bridge because it was quite misty there. Here are some pictures of a an amazing bakery, China Town and some lovely pancakes that I ate!




Pismo Beach
I didn't take that many pictures here but I just wanted to share this one of a beautiful evening sunset.


Los Angeles
Los Angeles was the place that I was looking forward to seeing the most, and it didn't disappoint! There is so much to see in the city, from the famous Hollywood sign, to the walk of fame. We also went to see 'Mamma Mia' at the Hollywood Bowl which was fantastic!




I have finally reached the end of this very long blog post! I hope you enjoyed looking at my photos and hearing about my trip. I would recommend any of these places as great holiday destinations and feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to visit them.

Comments

Popular Posts