Treyarnon Bay

Hello!
I hope that everyone is having a lovely summer. I've enjoyed several trips away and I've done so many exciting things that I can't wait to write about. This post is going to be about a post-GCSE holiday that I went on with my friends. We stayed at a youth hostel in Cornwall right next to a beach called Treyarnon Bay. We had a wonderful time and the weather was great too!


The youth hostel was a great place to stay at. We slept outside in a large bell tent with beds inside it. The tent had room for five people, and there was lots of space inside. The staff were helpful and friendly, and the general atmosphere was very pleasant. Also, the self-catering facilities were good and there was plenty of storage space. The best thing about the youth hostel was its location. It was a two minute walk away from the beach and we could see the sea from our bell tent. It was lovely to wake up each morning to the sound of waves, and to watch the sun setting over the water each evening.


During our stay, we spent most of our time on the beach. We surfed, swam, sunbathed and played frisbee all day long! At the weekend the beach was full of people enjoying the hot weather, whereas in the week it was fairly empty, but there was a lifeguard there every day which I was glad about, because the rip tides can be dangerous. Most evenings we strolled along the costal path as the sun was setting and the colours in the sky were beautiful.


If you ever go on holiday somewhere near Treyarnon Bay, I would really recommend going on a trip to see Bedruthan Steps beach. We walked all the way there from our youth hostel along the costal path. The beach itself is stunning and we had a great time climbing over the boulder-like rocks to sit and eat our picnic. The only downside is the 139 steep steps leading down to the beach that must be climbed to return to the top. If you ever go here, make sure you take some water as you will need it when you reach the top! However, despite the physical exercise involved, it is a beautiful beach and well worth a visit. If you can't handle the steps, go for a gentle walk along the coast and admire the scenery from a distance.


I hope you enjoyed hearing about my trip and looking at my photos. Let me know if there are any other places in Cornwall that I should visit!

Comments

Popular Posts