Cardiff

Hi!
Sorry that it has been a while but I have been having problems accessing the blog page. I think all problems have been sorted now. I have been staying in Cardiff for a few days and I thought that I would write a blog entry about my time. I really liked Cardiff because there were loads of cool things to do which I will proceed to write about.

Cardiff Bay, a fun and interesting place to visit, is home to a number of attractions such as Techniquest, the Norwegian Church and the Millennium Centre. Techniquest is a fun science centre for all of the family, the Norwegian Church is a lovely café and the Millennium Centre is a stunning arts centre. We had a nice walk along the waterside whilst admiring the rippling water. There were also some boats there but none of them were doing a trip that appealed to us. Finally, we went to a café (not the Norwegian Chuch) overlooking the water and I had a delicious honeycomb icecream. Overall, I really enjoyed the visit and the time I spent there.

My favourite place that I went to was St Fagans. St Fagans is a collection of buildings and other
Historic Buildings
things that give you a feel for what it would have been like to live in Wales a long time ago. From chapels to tollgates, there was everything that you could think of. One of the highlights for me was a little row of houses that were furnished as they would have been a long time ago. However, as you went along the row, the houses got more modern. I was really surprised to find out how people used to live because I couldn't imagine ever living like that! There was hardly any furniture and it looked really uncomfortable so it made me realise how lucky we are. There were also some shops like a bakery and a food store, where I was very surprised to find that there were biscuits in tins! We went in the bakery (where there was bread for sale) and bought a loaf of Bara Brith which is a special Welsh loaf with fruit in. Although I am not too fond of dried fruit like raisins, it was quite nice! I had such a nice time!

I also enjoyed going to Penarth. where I had lots of fun playing on the beach and relaxing in a café on the pier. Luckily, it was a gloriously sunny day so I had a really nice time. It was a stony beach which was great because there were lots of shells, just waiting to be collected, that hadn't been crushed yet. I soon had a bag full of lots of shells of three different types that I will use for some craft in the future. I also had a lovely cup of tea on the pier overlooking the beach and even though it was a hot day, I still enjoyed it because I love tea (for more on tea please look at that blog entry). I had a great time in Penarth and would go there again.

So, if any of my readers find themselves in Cardiff, do visit the places that I have mentioned because they are all fantastic! That's all for now!
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts