Traybake, Camping and Twilight

Hello!
Recently, I have been doing a bit of baking. I made a delicious Dorset Apple Traybake and I thought I would write a bit about it. I have also recently been camping in Oxford which I want to share and finally, I want to recommend a book I have recently read called Twilight.

Dorset Apple Traybake
The recipe was out of a book called 'Good Food 101 Teatime Treats' and although some of the recipes are a little bit unreliable, this one is fantastic. The sponge consisted of flour, butter, egg, sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract. However, I swapped the vanilla for two teaspoons of cinnamon to go with the apples. The cake was absolutely delicious and it was such a success that my younger sister decided to make it again a week later! Her cake was just as fantastic as mine. The sponge was unique because when putting the mixture into the tin, you put it in this order: mixture, apple layer, mixture, apple layer. The cake was a huge success.


When we went camping, we went to a place called Diamond Caravan Park in Oxford. This was a really good place for camping but we were lucky because it wasn't too busy. If more people were there, it would have been quite tight for space! This Caravan Park was luxury. It had a playground, lots of cleaning facilities, a pub, a games room and even a swimming pool. It was a really nice environment there and there were lots of nice people. There was a water supply and an electric socket nearby. There was also a really nice playground which made the campsite very child friendly. I would really recommend the campsite because the people running it were kind and welcoming.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer was an excellent read. There was tension, romance and terror all packed into a book about everyday life. The basic plot is a teenage girl that falls in love with a vampire. Every move she makes towards the vampire in love puts her in further danger because there is a part of the vampire that thirsts for her blood! It is OK at the start but I would say the ending was the best bit. I couldn't put the book down at the end! The plot was great and I would recommend it to 11+ year olds.

I hope that you have enjoyed this blog entry!
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts