Apprentice, Rocky Road and Me Myself Milly

Hello!
Today I have decided to do a post about three different things similar to a previous post that I did called Traybake, Camping and Twilight. Firstly, I have been enjoying a series called The Apprentice on TV that ended a while ago and I would like to share my views on some of the candidates and my favourite bits. I have also been entering into the festive spirit and baking some rocky road- a Christmas tradition in our house. Finally I have just finished a book called Me Myself Milly by Penelope Bush and I would like to do a mini review of what I thought of it.


Lord Sugar
The Apprentice is a British reality show where a group of aspiring businessmen and women compete for the chance to work with Lord Sugar- a wealthy and influential businessman. Each week, the candidates have to complete a task in two teams, for example designing, pitching and selling certain things, to do with business and at the end of the task they go into the boardroom. The winning team is sent for a treat and out of the losing team, someone is fired. There was a twist on this year's series which was that more candidates were added to the process, meaning that at least one person would be fired. At the end of the process, Lord Sugar picked a winner to be his business partner. The winner would get an investment in their business plan. The winner was Mark Wright and his business plan was 'Climb Online'- helping businesses get good online websites. To me, it seemed that Lord Sugar bought the person rather than the business plan because Mark was very persuasive. It was a really good series and I would recommend it.

Rocky Road
For those of you that don't know, Rocky Road is a pudding or snack that is a mixture of chocolate biscuit and marsh mallow. Sometimes, people add dried fruit as well. But in the batch of Rocky Road that we made, we added chocolate fingers and maltesers too. You can add pretty much anything from orange zest to quality streets! I have a friend whose mum puts caramels, fudges, flakes, mars bars and crunchie bars. Her rocky road is delicious. Anyone who has a sweet tooth will like Rocky Road!

'Me Myself Milly' was a really good book. It was a real life scenario about a girl trying to get over an incident that had happened. However, you don't know anything about the incident until the end when the girl reveals something that shocks the reader. It was a great book with sadness but there is also a great romance story in it. The book keeps alternating from real time to a past time event by chapter. In the end, the two stories link together. I would recommend the book for 10-14 year old girls. I would love to know if anyone else has read the book.

I hope you have enjoyed the post.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts