Easter Holidays

Hi!
I thought that I would do a blog post on what I have been up to over the Easter holidays. I have been up to Guildford for a lovely family party and I have also visited Cardiff  for a few days as well. Apart from that, I had a lovely day trip to London and I have been doing various activities nearby such as walks and golf! I am going to talk about these events.

My family party was lovely! There were two different meals to pick from: lamb or chicken. I chose the chicken dish and it was absolutely delicious. The pudding consisted of New York cheesecake, pavlova, chocolate mousse and meringues. I chose to have some cheesecake and afterwards I had a little bit of the chocolate mousse. They were both amazing. I had a lovely afternoon there and the weather was good so we all went into the garden. Later to come was chocolate brownies and a cup of tea! I had such a good time and thank you to everyone that made my day so special!

I thought that I had seen everything there is to see after my last stay at Cardiff. How wrong I was! My visit started off with a trip to Cardiff bay. We went on a boat trip around the bay which I really enjoyed and there were plenty of opportunities to take some photos. After the ride on the boat, we went to a place called The Norwegian Church and I had a nice drink of lemonade. We also went briefly into Penarth Pier for a small walk. Then we went to a nice place for some food and I had scampi and chips followed by some chocolate honeycomb ice cream. It was delicious. The next day we visited Cardiff Castle and I was amazed by the beautiful views. First we visited the museum and then I climbed right to the top of the keep. There were a lot of steps but I think that it was worth it! We also did some walks nearby. Overall, I had a fantastic time in Cardiff.

When we went to London, we did two things: Hamleys and Madame Tussaud's. These were both things that I really enjoyed and they were both child friendly so I would recommend them to anyone with children. Hamleys was big and full of toys! One of the most impressive things on display were the magic pens. Magic pens can be bought in sets. If you colour in with one of the pens, then colour over the top with the special magic pen, the pattern you drew on top will come out as a different colour. This means that with 6 pens in the set and a magic pen, you can achieve 12 different colours! Madame Tussaud's was so cool! The famous waxworks didn't fail to impress me. My favourite was Emma Watson and I had a picture taken of me beside her. I really liked the royal family too.

Today I did some cooking. I made a Thai green curry and my sister made a crème brûlée for pudding. Both courses were delicious and they were relatively easy to make so if any of my readers are cooks, they might want to try making them. 
I would love to know if anyone has been to any of the places that I mentioned.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts