Henry Moore

Hi!
Today I have been doing some artwork inspired by an artist called Henry Moore. I thought I would share a few facts that I have learnt about his work.

Henry Moore did all sorts of art but the type that particularly interested me were his studies of sheep. Apparently, one day he became aware of the sheep grazing near his house. This inspired him to draw them. As he sketched, he became aware of the way sheep move and the shape of their bodies. Moore was particularly struck by the image of a mother with her young and this cropped up in many of his sketches. His sketches were done in a vigorous style with scribbles and zigzagging lines forming the structure of the sheep. Despite the messy process, the final results were successful and explored the tones on a sheep. I was quite inspired by his work and decided to try some myself.

I picked a sheep that was drawn with quite a dark background because it made the sheep stand out. First, I sketched out the outline of the sheep very faintly. Then I worked into some of the detail by scribbling. The outline had to be scribbled over so that there wasn't a distinct line marking where the sheep stopped and the landscape started. I soon got stuck into my work and after a bit, I had a complete drawing of a sheep!

I would really recommend my readers trying this type of art because you don't have to be amazing at drawing. Believe me, I do not class myself as an artist!
My Work
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts