Biscotti and Stealing Phoenix

Hi!
Today I am going to write about some biscotti that I have made and a book that I have read called 'Stealing Phoenix' by Joss Stirling. These two things are part of my summer targets. If you are unsure what I mean by that, either click on the blog post named 'Summer Targets' or simply click on this link.

My Biscotti
Biscotti are twice baked cookies/biscuits that originate from Italy. They are dry and crunchy and I decided to make them because they seem unusual and are from another country. I used Paul Hollywood's recipe which gave you a choice of what you wanted to put in them. I did one batch with almonds, hazelnuts and dried blueberries and another batch with chocolate and cranberries. My favourite was the chocolate ones because I thought the sharp cranberry flavour cut through the sweet chocolate really well. They weren't the simplest things that I have made but nevertheless they still worked out OK! I would recommend the recipe to people that love cooking but have had a bit of experience and don't panic if it doesn't look quite right. My favourite part about making it was that you could choose what extra ingredients you wanted to add. It worked really well.

Stealing Phoenix is from the Finding Sky series (I have written a review about the first book on the blog post titled Reading Recommendations or follow this link). The book lived up to my expectations and I really enjoyed the romance and adventure. I read it quite quickly as it is not too long. It had an exciting plot line and I would really recommend it to anyone who likes romantic and exciting books. It is also quite a good read for people that have not read many books before because it doesn't have particularly hard vocabulary and is active enough to encourage the reader to keep going.

I hope you all liked my blog post. If any of you have ever tried making biscotti or read Stealing Phoenix, let me know in the comments space below.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts