My Trip to West Wales

Hello!
I hope you all had a lovely Easter and ate lots of chocolate! I now have a pleasing collection of chocolate eggs in my bedroom and hopefully they will last for a long time. You may have noticed that my blog looks a bit different now. I have decided to give it a makeover and I'm now really pleased with my new theme. I think it looks much more classy! I spent last week in West Wales and I had such a lovely time there. We disembarked on lots of long walks in the sunshine and had fun exploring various different towns. I wanted to write about the trip and some of the highlights for me.

There are plenty of lovely beaches in West Wales to choose from and we visited lots of them! We saw various different beaches on two long coastal walks that we did which I really enjoyed because it meant that we could walk by the sea and look at the amazing views. Luckily, the weather was fine and on one of the walks it was gloriously sunny, so much that I have to admit I managed to get sunburnt in West Wales! However I got away with a slightly pink tinge to my nose and cheeks which soon faded after a day of so. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for certain other members of my family! We also managed to visit cafes and tea rooms at the end of these walks, but honestly what could be better than a cup of tea after a long walk?

We visited a few towns in Wales but my favourite was definitely Tenby. Tenby has a huge sandy beach which wasn't too busy when I was there but I expect it is probably busy with tourists in the Summer! There are many hotels which overlook the beach and in the town centre you can find many different shops and cafes. We all bought sweets from an old fashioned sweet shop and proceeded to stroll around the town, sucking strawberry bon-bons. It was a great day trip and I would really recommend it for a fun day out. Tenby also has plenty of ice cream shops with loads of different flavours on offer so if you have a sweet tooth, that might persuade you to go! I particularly enjoyed a scoop of salted caramel flavour ice cream. It was delicious!

One of the highlights of the trip for me was going on a boat trip around Skomer island. I'm not that keen on boats but I still managed to really enjoy this boat trip. One of the reasons for this was the stunning wildlife that we saw. Skomer island is famous for its puffins and we saw hundreds of them on the water around the island! Apparently, they only saw three puffins the day before so I think we picked a good day for the trip. We also spotted several seals from a distance but it was quite hard to take a clear picture of them because the boat was bumping around quite a bit on the waves. We couldn't go all the way around the island because the water was too rough but it didn't matter because we saw plenty of puffins! There is also a great gift shop where you buy tickets for the trips and we purchased a puffin patterned tea towel! It was a great trip and I would really recommend it. It is also good for families with children as there are lots of things to do.

So those are my highlights from my holiday! I'd love to know what you did over Easter.

Comments

Popular Posts