Yoga

Hello!

Today's post is about a new activity that I have started doing recently: yoga. Now, you may be under the impression that yoga is some weird form of meditation where people sit cross-legged with their eyes shut, and a quick search on google images shows many pictures of people doing impressive yoga poses in front of a sunset, a bit like the picture to the right. I have to admit that was what I thought before I started, but I have recently discovered that it is great for releasing stress and forgetting your worries. It is a good way to keep fit and I find it really enjoyable. I wanted to share my experiences so far!

I was quite apprehensive about going to my first yoga class because I am extremely inflexible and find anything to do with stretching quite difficult. However, I found out that yoga isn't about being super flexible, it is all about controlling your breathing and paying attention to how you are feeling. At my yoga class, we usually go through a few different routines and attempt some poses, some with more success than others. Then, near the end of the session we do the 'relaxation'. This consists of lying down in a basic position and relaxing your body, bit by bit. With all the exam stress at school at the moment, I really enjoy the opportunity to lie down and just focus on being relaxed, not any other worries. In my last yoga class, it was a beautiful day so we did it outside and it felt so good to be able to lie in the sun and relax!

I really recommend yoga as a form of exercise because it is fun, but also relaxing. I'm sure that there are numerous yoga classes around the country, but you can try it out by simply following a YouTube video or downloading an app. It is important to have times when you can relax, particularly if you are working hard for exams or deadlines. Exercise is really important when working hard because it keeps the body healthy and helps to prevent both physical and mental illnesses such as anxiety.

I hope you enjoyed my post!

Comments

Popular Posts