3 Ways to Combat Blogger's Block

Hello!
I really wanted to write a blog post today but I was stuck for ideas. This happens to me sometimes and it can be quite difficult to decide what to post about, especially since I have written over 100 posts on my blog already and I don’t want to repeat myself too much by blogging about the same topic. I’m going to write about 3 methods that I use to combat blogger’s block. This might be useful to any other bloggers reading this; however some of these points can also be applied to other things, for example to combat writer’s block or composer’s block. I'm also going to share some nice autumnal pictures in between methods.

Method 1: Use other blogs for inspiration
There is nothing wrong with taking ideas from other blogs that you like reading. Obviously, copying blog posts word for word is not right but you can use other people’s ideas to give you inspiration for what to write. I follow a range of blogs, varying from famous ones to less well-known ones, and I am frequently inspired to write a post when I read their posts. If you don’t currently read other blogs, check out my list for some great blogs to follow or find some yourself. Try to find other bloggers that have a similar style of writing and that post about similar topics to you. 


Method 2: Write about your life and your hobbies
Don’t feel as if you have to think of a really exciting topic to write about. I’m almost certain that you have done something recently or there is an activity that you do regularly that would make a brilliant post. For example, I sometimes write about learning to play the trumpet and the various different groups I play in. You may think that it won’t be interesting to read, but from another person’s perspective it can be really interesting to read about ordinary events in another person’s life. This also makes your blog more personal as you are writing about things that you do.


Method 3: Make a ‘top ten’ list
This is a really good way to combat blogger’s block because there are so many different lists you could make. For example, your top ten favourite movies or top three ways to cook chicken or top five favourite dresses.  If you can't think of a ‘top ten’ list, you could write a ‘top tips’ or ‘favourites’ list instead. I find these posts really interesting to read and they are fun to write as well.


I hope you found this post useful and enjoyed looking at the pictures that I took!

Comments

Popular Posts