Cake Decorating

Hello!
I've been meaning to write this post for a while now but my life has been quite busy recently so I didn't get round to it!

Over the summer, my sister and I were put in charge of making a cake to celebrate an 18th birthday. I was hugely excited by the prospect of this because, as you may know from reading this blog, I have a massive passion for baking. After many hours of careful planning, writing shopping lists and finding recipes, we finally made the cake and it looked fabulous.

We decided to go for a chocolate and raspberry theme because chocolate cake is always a crowd pleaser and I think the two flavours go really well together. There's something about the tartness of raspberries that complements the sweet, rich taste of chocolate. First, we made two large chocolate flavoured sponges and sandwiched them together with raspberry jam. Then it was time for my favourite part: decoration! As you can see in the picture, we went all out!

The entire cake was covered in a thin layer of chocolate buttercream and then we covered the cake with all sorts of delicious things ranging from fresh raspberries to chocolate buttons. Spreading on the buttercream was difficult but we managed and then designed a pattern for the decorations. It took a while but I think it looks really effective. Finally, we finished the cake off with candles and a red ribbon (I took put the ribbon on after the photo was taken). I was so proud of the final product and everyone said that it tasted great!

That's all for today.

Comments

Popular Posts