New Books!

Hello!
I have some very exciting news: I have officially had 3000 page views! I am so proud of this achievement and I hope that I will still be blogging by the time I reach 5000 page views. Anyway... today I decided to do a post about some new books that I bought recently. I think that Autumn is the perfect time to start reading some new books. It has started to get colder outside so it is the perfect time to curl up indoors with a good book. I am going to show you the new books that I have bought and my first impressions on them. Hopefully, I will review some of these in the future!

Only We Know by Simon Packham
I was actually lucky enough to hear Simon Packham talking about his books at my school. I felt inspired to buy this book and I am so excited to read it! The book is about A girl who moves house very suddenly and decides to reinvent herself at her new school. Things are looking good until she sees Harry, a boy that she met a while ago. Harry doesn't seem to recognise her and her life seems to be improving until she gets the message: 'isn't it time your new friends knew all about you'. I was really intrigued by this description and can't wait to read it. I'll let you know how I get on!

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This book has been recommended to me by so many people. I thought it was about time I read it and learnt what all the fuss was about. I don't know so much about this book but I will copy the blurb here. Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him. Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
This book was just one that I grabbed off the shelf because it was in the buy one get one half price section and I had previously picked up a book from this section. I was intrigued by the title and after reading the blurb, decided to give it a go. Here is the summary: I was dead for 13 minutes. I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal. They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it? I can't wait to read this book and find out exactly what happened!

Tanya Bakes by Tanya Burr
This book is actually a cookery book and it is full of scrumptious recipes developed by one of my favourite YouTubers: Tanya Burr. Just flicking through the book is guaranteed to make your mouth water! So far I have tried out two recipes: salted caramel chocolate brownies, and milk and white chocolate cookies. The brownies were probably the most rich indulgent brownies I have ever made. They were amazing but only to be eaten in small pieces! The cookies were lovely too. I really want to try out some more recipes and I'll let you know if I find any more that I love! One thing I would say about the book is that most of the recipes are quite unhealthy so I would recommend only making them as a treat now and then!
So those are my new books! Let me know if you have read any.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts