Pancakes

On Tuesday, it was pancake day and this blog entry is going to be about pancakes. A pancake is defined as a thin, flat cake of batter, fried on both sides in a pan and typically rolled up with a sweet or savoury filling. Pancakes are delicious and there are lots of different toppings that different people like.

In America, Pancakes are typically considered to be a breakfast food. In Britain and the Commonwealth, they are associated with Shrove Tuesday, commonly known as Pancake Day. I enjoy them for breakfast sometimes on Sundays and I had them on pancake day. However, the pancakes that I have for breakfast are scotch pancakes. Scotch pancakes are thicker and sometimes know as drop scones. The flat type of pancakes are the ones that you usually have on pancake day.

The most popular topping that people have on pancakes is chocolate, peanut butter and banana. I wouldn't like this very much because I don't like peanut butter and I am not that fond of banana. I think that the topping is probably quite common in America because they like peanut butter.

Although pancakes are nice with sweet toppings, savoury toppings can be a delicious option as well. Here is a list of lots of popular toppings. Butter, maple syrup, confectioners’ sugar, whipped cream, 
Chocolate pancakes
crème anglais, crème fraiche, grand marnier, marshmallows that have been warmed up, banana and custard, angel delight, butter cream icing with coconut, lemon icing, vanilla bean paste mixed with cream, raspberry jam, strawberry jam, orange marmalade, fried Chicken, chocolate mole, toffee sauce, caramel, white chocolate sauce, flavoured butters, sausage gravy, goat cheese and strawberry jam, crushed meringues and cream, clotted cream and fresh strawberries, mashed banana and brown sugar, and a whole lot more! I like loads of different toppings but one of my favourites is blood orange and sugar. We discovered that this was delicious one day when we decided to have pancakes for breakfast. We couldn't find any lemon so we used blood orange instead. It turned out to be
scrumptious and a great discovery.
People have interpreted the pancake recipe and now are making different types. For example chocolate pancakes are delicious! I wonder if there will be even more obscure toppings in the future! I would love to know what my readers like on their pancakes!.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts