Divergent

Hello!
This blog post is going to be about Divergent by Veronica Roth. I read the book series whilst on holiday in Sri Lanka.

This book has quite a futuristic concept involving the division of society. There are 5 factions that people belong to- Amity, Abnegation, Candor, Erudite and Dauntless. Except there is a small group of people that fit into more than one group called the Divergent. The book follows a divergent girl's journey. She chooses her faction but has trouble concealing the fact that she is divergent and if anyone discovers it, she will be killed. The book is a must for any fans of the Hunger Games and the films are very cleverly made as well. I find that the main character- Tris- is very vulnerable and insecure which makes me grow to like her even more as she finds her feet in her new faction and grows to be one of the best. I would really recommend the books to both girls and boys from the age of 12 upwards who like adventure, excitement, drama and romance.

Like my post about The Hunger Games, I am going to go into more detail so if you don't want it to be spoiled, don't read on!
Tris and Four- the main characters
My favourite part of the first book is when Tris has to go through the fear landscape. This is such a good idea of Veronica Roth's because it really is about mentally, emotionally and physically building you to be a dauntless. However I found it confusing when she had to try to not be divergent. The part in the film when Four is teaching her works much better in my opinion. For example, for the fear of heights she wanted to just jump but he said that a dauntless would try to find a way out of the situation. Nevertheless, I thought it was a clever idea. I think that the film was particularly well done and does the book justice. It is good for a movie night unless someone there is in the Theo James fan club!

The second and third books are not as highly rated for me because they get a bit more confusing and go on a lot about the mind. However I think that the film for Insurgent was directed very well because it still turned out to be a good movie. The final film isn't out yet but I will hopefully review it when it does come out.

So that is the end of my short review! What do you think about the books? Leave comments below.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts