Best Ever Brownies

Hello!
Recently I have discovered an amazing brownie recipe and I thought that I would share it with you and tell you a bit about my favourite type of brownie.


As you may know, I love cooking but in particular baking. Chocolate brownies have to be one of the most popular things to bake and I absolutely love them. However I can never find the right recipe. For me, the best brownie is cakey on the outside but gooey in the middle but different people seem to have different opinions on what consistency a brownie should be. I even found a debate online over whether a brownie should be cakey or fudgy. There are also brownie recipes online that include other unusual ingredients like beetroot! I don't think that sounds quite like my cup of tea. Some people have also put honeycomb, popping candy or marshmallows in the brownies and many recipes include frosting as well. Many embellishments can be made on brownies but for me, the simple, classic brownie is the best. So I have been searching for a while for the perfect brownie recipe. Every one that I have tried has been either too gooey or too dry but I have had a breakthrough. I have found the perfect brownie recipe for me! I found a good recipe on good food but I adapted it slightly based on other recipes that I have tried out. Here is my recipe:


Ingredients
113g butter, melted
301g castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
96g plain flour
64g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (trust me on this one)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
100g roughly chopped chocolate/chocolate chips
*the amounts are slightly odd and precise but that is because I have converted them from American units- cups*


Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
  2. Lightly grease a tin and line it with baking parchment. The tin really depends on what you have in your cupboard! An ordinary brownie tin will do but if you like your brownies slightly thicker, use a smaller tin.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract and beat in the eggs one at a time until everything is combined. For this recipe, you prepare the wet and dry ingredients separately and then mix them together. You should have the wet ingredients done now.
  4. In another large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix together until the cocoa powder is evenly distributed in the flour. You may have been surprised about the salt but it actually really helps to balance out flavours in food. Many modern recipes now tell you to add a pinch of salt. Just be careful not to add too much otherwise your brownies will taste salty. Now the dry ingredients should be prepared.
  5. Gradually add your dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until combined. Don't worry if it looks quite dark, it will make super chocolaty brownies.
  6. Toss the chocolate pieces/chips in a little flour. This will stop them from sinking to the bottom of the tin. Mix the chocolate into your mixture.  
  7. Pour the brownie mix into your tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. The skewer or toothpick method for seeing if the brownie is done won't work in this recipe because you want the brownies to be a little bit gooey in the middle. They may need a bit longer depending on your oven but be careful not to overcook the brownies otherwise they will be dry.
  8. Leave them to cool in the tin and then lift them out using the greaseproof paper. Cut them into pieces whatever size you like and enjoy!
I hope you liked this post and please try this recipe out because the brownies are well worth the effort!
Bye!
P.S- if you like nutty brownies be sure to look at one of my earlier posts- Chocolate Brownies- when I included a recipe for squidgy brownies with pecans in.

Comments

Popular Posts