White Chocolate and Pecan Blondies

Hi!
I'm back with another recipe! Today I'm going to share a new recipe that I tried today for white chocolate and pecan blondies. If you have not heard of blondies before, let me enlighten you. They are essentially brownies but made with white chocolate. You can experiment by adding in different flavours but the basic blondie is just a moist, white chocolate brownie. I hadn't made or eaten blondies before today and I have to admit to you, I had my preconceptions. Surely nothing could be better than the dark and decadent brownie? However, I made a batch of blondies today, and they were delicious.


These blondies have the same soft texture as brownies, only with a luxurious white chocolate flavour instead, with notes of vanilla running through. I added some chopped pecans for a slightly nutty flavour and to add some texture to the blondies, but you could add anything you want! I think raspberries would go very well with the white chocolate flavour, or if you have a really sweet tooth: more chocolate! One thing that I would say about these blondies is that they are quite sweet, so only make them if you have a sweet tooth. If you're not a big fan of white chocolate, try out my ultimate brownie recipe instead! I'm no longer sure if brownies are better than blondies. Why don't you try these blondies out and let me know what you think!



White Chocolate and Pecan Blondies
Ingredients
  • 150g unsalted butter
  • 150g white chocolate
  • 180g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 200g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 60g white chocolate chips or roughly chopped white chocolate
  • A handful of pecans
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line an 8 inch square brownie tin with greaseproof paper
  2. Melt the butter and the white chocolate slowly, either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything has melted
  3. Pour the butter and white chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat together until well combined
  4. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until combined. Be careful not to overmix at this stage
  5. Roughly chop your pecans. Add the white chocolate chips and pecans to the batter and stir them in
  6. Pour the blondie batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it is golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Don't worry if it still feels a little soft, it will firm up as it cools
  7. Leave the blondies to cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the tin. When they have cooled completely, cut into squares and enjoy! They are lovely with a cup of tea.
I hope you give this recipe a try!

Comments

Popular Posts