Ed Sheeran Concert!

Hi!
On Saturday, I was lucky enough to go to an Ed Sheeran concert at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and it was absolutely amazing! I feel like it was the perfect treat after a long period of exams and I had a great time. Ed Sheeran has always been one of my favourite artists because I think that he is so talented and I love so many of his songs! Some of my favourites are 'Perfect', 'Thinking out loud', 'The A team' and 'Galway girl' and he sang all of these last night. Something I really liked about Ed Sheeran's performance was that he played everything live with one guitar. He used a looping machine to layer different parts and I thought that some of the songs were really cleverly played. Overall, it was a great night and I'm so glad I went!


There were two support acts: Jamie Lawson and Anne Marie. I hadn't heard much of Jamie Lawson's music before the concert but I actually quite enjoyed his set. Obviously, he isn't as popular as Ed Sheeran so there weren't as many people there, but I liked his music. My favourite song that he sang was 'Wasn't expecting that'. Anne Marie is more well-known and her song '2002' has been in the charts for 9 weeks now! Her performance was energetic and I loved it. I knew most of the songs she played so I was able to sing along and really enjoy it. I think my favourite from her set was '2002'.

When Ed Sheeran walked on to the stage, the crowd went wild! Ed Sheeran's performance was fantastic, considering that he had already done two nights in Cardiff. He has a funny and engaging personality so his chat in between songs was great too! My favourite song that he sang was 'Perfect' because he invited everyone to switch on the flashlights on their phones and the atmosphere was really special.


An unusual moment was when after playing his hit 'Galway Girl', he apologised and walked off stage to use the toilet. The crowd found this funny, but were surprised when about 10 minutes later he dropped his guitar in the middle of a song and did the same thing again! This was slightly odd, but nevertheless he returned and carried on singing where he left off, as if nothing had happened.

Overall, I thought that it was an amazing concert and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to hear him perform live. I would really recommend Ed Sheeran as an artist! I also really enjoyed hearing Anne Marie's music and I'll be listening to her music more in the future I think!


Comments

Popular Posts