Dorset Apple Traybake

Hi!
Today I have made a Dorset Apple Traybake- one of my favourite cakes to make. I have written about this traybake in the past on a post called Traybake, Camping and Twilight. I thought that I would share my adapted version of the recipe on this blog. I found the original recipe on the Good Food website. Follow this link to get to the recipe.

Dorset Apple Traybake
This cake is easy to make and is a perfect afternoon treat or pudding. Serve it warm with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients
  • 3 large Bramley apples
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 225g soft butter/margarine
  • 280g caster sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2-4 tsp vanilla extract (depending on how much you like the flavour) or 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 350g self-raising flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp demerara sugar
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Butter and line a baking tin about 27x20cm
  3. Peel, core and finely slice the apples. Put them aside in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from oxidising
  4. To make the sponge batter, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla/cinnamon, flour and baking powder until the mixture is thick, smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated
  5. Spread out half of the sponge mixture into the prepared tin. Then top with half of the apples spread evenly in a layer. Repeat the two layers with the remaining sponge and apples and top with the demerara sugar
  6. Bake the traybake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. It should be golden brown on the top and a skewer should come out clean
  7. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before cutting into pieces
  8. Enjoy!

I hope you give this recipe a go because the cake is absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend making it.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts