Reading Recommendations #2

Hello!
I have done many book reviews in the past but here is my newest set of reading recommendations. If you like reading and are looking for even more books to read, please visit Reading Recommendations- an earlier post with some more ideas. The three books I am going to talk about are:
  • One by Sarah Crossan
  • Here We Lie by Sophie McKenzie
  • Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
One by Sarah Crossan
The reason I read this book was because it was shortlisted for the Carnegie award and we were reading some of the shortlisted books at school. This book actually went on to win the award and I think that it deserved the award! This book is about conjoined twins- Grace and Tippi. The twins are about to go to school for the first time and enter a world of stares, friends, cruelty and even romance. However life is very hard if you are stuck with your twin because you have no privacy and also grow very close. A very difficult decision is ahead for Tippi and Grace that will change their life forever. It is a powerful story that will make you cry and laugh. I would recommend this book to anyone over the age of 12. You will like this book if you enjoyed 'The Fault in Our Stars'. I award this book four and a half LA stars.

Here We Lie by Sophie McKenzie
This book was one of the most intense and page turning books I have ever read. I literally couldn't put it down. The main character- Emily- is on holiday with her fiancĂ©e and her family. The holiday seems perfect until one of the party is found dead. The family returns home to get over their grief and try to move on in life. However a scary series of threats and lies appear and Emily discovers some terrifying truths about what really happened. This book is thrilling and also has a mysterious feel to it. I can't recommend this highly enough to anyone who loves a good book because it is absolutely amazing. It is quite scary so I would say you should be over the age of 13 to read it but this is just a guideline! Give it a go- you will love it!
I award this book five LA stars.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
This book is slightly more mature but still a great read! It is a gripping and powerful book about a young girl who meets an older gentleman and agrees to marry him. The story shows her learning about the death of the man's previous wife and she feels pressurised to 'compete' with her. There is everything in this book: crime, mystery, romance and also some horror. I'm sure many women would be able to empathise in her identity crisis! I was slightly disappointed with the ending but it is still a great read and I would recommend it to anyone aged 13 or above.
I award this book four and a half LA stars.

I hope you read some of these books because they are all excellent! Let me know if you have read any of these books.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts