Book Beginnings

Never judge a book by its cover!

Hello!
Today I am going to talk about books.


My first book, Comfort Herself, is a book that I heard about in school. Every two weeks I have a lesson with my headmistress at school and we do bits of English. In one of the lessons, the head introduced us to this book. She read us the introduction and our task was to write two more paragraphs. When you look at the cover of this book it doesn't strike you as a particularly great book but I really liked the introduction. The author, Geraldine Kaye, writes very well but I especially like the similes that she uses. Although I have not read all of the book, I think that it probably is great so I would recommend it to my readers.

Another book that I have heard about in school is: One More River. It is a book that my headmistress read to my class again. This time we had a class debate about what the title might be about. The majority of the class thought that it related to someone going down or crossing rivers. However, some believed that it was to do with a person crying in the sense that they would be "crying a river of tears". The book strikes me as an adventure sort of story if you look at the cover but I might be wrong. I am reading other books currently so I haven't read the rest of the book but I think that it would be a good story. I would advise some of my readers to give it a go.

I would be interested to hear if any of my readers have either read these books before or have an idea about the titles. I would love to know what you think!
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts