Names

Hello!
Today I am going to write about names. If you hear "names" lots of different things could come into your mind but this blog entry is going to be about people's names.

I was in an English lesson when I suddenly wondered what names were most common. I decided to find out and tell my readers about what I found. In the UK the current most popular male name is Harry and the most popular female name is Amelia. This surprised me because in my whole year their aren't any Amelia's! However I know two people called Olivia- the second most popular name so I do partly agree with the information.

Whilst reading that information, I wondered what the most unusual names were. I was extremely surprised at what I found out. Did you know that in 2012, some children were named Swag, Hotdog and Superman. I can't imagine what it would be like being called something like that but I suppose change is good. If we were all called Amelia, life would be very confusing! There tends to be a lot of people named after famous people like David Cameron. Although the spellings are not always the same. I read a report that had lots of different spellings of the same name. Here they are:
Beyoncé, Beyonce, Beyoncee, Beyounce, Breyonce, and Veyoncé.

That was my short entry about names and I hope my readers enjoyed it. Before I go, I have a book recommendation. I have just finished a book called 'The Deep' by Helen Dunmore and I really enjoyed it. It is the third book in a series of five books. The series is about a girl who can get into a world underwater called Ingo. The books tell stories about what happens to her. I love the books because they are tense and really well described. I would highly recommend the book for 9-13 year old people who like adventure and fantasy books.

Bye!

Comments

  1. Hi Emily - Helena here. I love your blog - now we can blog together! I will definitely try some of your book recommendations - have you read Noughts and Crosses of Thief! by Malorie Blackman? They are really good.
    Anyway, Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena!
      Thanks for the lovely comment. Yes I have read those two they are really good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts