The Great Sport Relief Bake Off

Recently, I have been watching the television series: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off. I really enjoyed watching the original Bake Off and this version for Sport Relief is equally entertaining.

So far there have been two episodes. They feature celebrity guests. For the first episode, Bonnie Wright (more commonly known as Ginny Weasley), Michael Vaughan, Samantha Bond and Johnny Vaughan took to the kitchen. My favourite was Bonnie Wright. I was most interested by the second challenge: the technical challenge. In the technical challenge, the cooks have to bake a dish that they might not have made before. The recipe that they all follow can have certain tips missed out. The four celebrities made a tarte tatin. The fruit was apples and the tart had a nice caramel sauce/glaze. An interesting fact about the tarte tatin is that it is cooked upside down. The pastry lies on top of the fruit. This is helpful because the pastry does not get soggy. If you are interested in making one I recommend that you watch this particular episode as I found it very interesting.

On the second episode the chefs were Desert Island Discs' Kirsty Young, singer and actress Jane Horrocks, Olympic gold-medal winning long jumper Greg Rutherford and ice skating's Mr Nasty, Jason Gardiner. I liked them all equally this time. The technical challenge for this show was to make a banoffee pie. Banoffee pies are a favourite of mine even though I am not extremely fond of banana on its own. I think that the mixture of the cream, banana, caramel and delicious base is a very scrumptious taste in your mouth. This episode was good however I preferred the first one.

I highly recommend this Bake Off series and I can't wait for the rest of the series! I hope that I have interested some of my readers.
Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts