Trumpet Mutes

This is my blog: Notes from LA. I have called it this because I play the trumpet and piano. The notes part is partly because of that but also because I am writing notes. I am going to write about things that interest me in my life.

My first ever entry is going to be about Trumpet mutes. At my school, the head of music suggested that I got a mute so I am getting one. I have asked various people what they think I should buy because there are different types. Firstly, there are different categories like straight mutes or wow-wow mutes. We decided on a straight mute but there are still more things to decide. The most common type is a Denis Wick Aluminium Mute but I was advised not to get that. My trumpet teacher has said that I should get a Vacchiano, which is the one that he uses. However, someone else has recommended that I use a sink plunger! Although this would be a cheaper option, I am going to get a Vacchiano. I didn't realise that there were so many different types of mutes and what a difficulty it would be to choose one.

I hope that the mute I have chosen will be ok. That is some advice for any of my readers who ever need to buy a trumpet mute!
Bye for now

Comments

Popular Posts