Christmas Cupcake Decorating

BLOGMAS- Da13

Hello!
Today I decorated some cupcakes with a friend and we decided to do a Christmassy theme! I thought I would blog about it! We looked online for inspiration but most of the designs we saw were either too complicated or had far too much icing on the cakes. Finally, we settled on a Christmas wreath theme.

These aren't my cupcakes but this is the picture we got the
idea from!
Firstly, we made a batch of plain buttercream icing and then spread a thin layer onto each cupcake. It was just supposed to cover up the cupcakes but I think it looks a bit like snow! You can leave out this stage but we wanted to cover the cupcakes completely with icing. For this stage it is important that your icing is not too stiff because you need to be able to spread it. Then we added some green food colouring to the rest of the icing and mixed it to our preferred shade of green. A top tip for colouring icing is: add a little bit of food colouring at a time. You can always add more but you can't take it away. We used a piping bag and a star nozzle to pipe a wreath around the cupcake. For this stage you might want to thicken the icing a bit more so that it holds when you pipe it. This is the basic part of the decorating done.

The next step is to add decorations. I sprinkled on some silver balls but you could buy some Christmas sprinkles too, like they have used in the picture. Then we added bows to the cupcakes. We made these out of strawberry laces! There are lots of different decorations that you could add but I decided that I would keep it quite simple.

I hope you will give this a try!

Comments

Popular Posts