Homemade Christmas Cards

BLOGMAS- Day 6

Hi!
Today I thought that I would show you all some pictures of Christmas Cards that I have made recently. Now is the perfect time to start writing all your Christmas cards to send to your family and friends. I think that a homemade card looks extra special and your friends will be so impressed if you send them these this Christmas!

To make 8 Christmas cards, you will need:
  • 4 sheets of white A4 card
  • 2 bottles of different coloured paint
  • 1 piece of thick scrap paper or card
  • A craft knife (you can use a pair of scissors but it will be a bit harder!)
  • A guillotine (again, you can use a pair of scissors but it might be less neat) 
  • Two sponges
  • A set of marker pens (I used sharpies)
First, you need to prepare your cards. I cut each A4 sheet of card in half and then folded it in half to make 8 cards. Next, you need to make a template out of the scrap card. I recommend drawing out your design on paper beforehand to make sure you get it right. I did a bauble design and a Christmas tree design and they both worked really well. Feel free to copy my design! Once you have drawn your design, carefully cut out the outlines with a craft knife. BE CAREFUL you should be left with holes in the middle of the piece of card. Whatever parts you want to be painted should be holes.

The next step is to paint your cards. Lay out the stencil on your first card and sponge on your chosen paint colours. For my bauble design, the colours are quite obvious but for the Christmas tree, I sponged on different shades of green. It is up to you how complex or simple you want it to be. Finally, add on extra details with your marker pens. I decorated the Christmas trees with baubles and a star, and added a string to the bauble design.

Your cards will then be ready to write and send to your friends and family. I hope that you give these cards a go!

Comments

Popular Posts