Hand Sewn Christmas Gifts

BLOGMAS- Day 18

Hello!
Yesterday, I wrote a post on Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts but these were mostly edible! I thought that I would do one on hand sewn Christmas gifts that I was given last year. These look really impressive and I was really happy to receive them, but they aren't too hard to make! I hope you enjoy it.

The first gift is a lavender bag. This one is quite complicated but you can make a much more simple version and it is still a lovely gift. Lavender bags are made with dried lavender but you could try experimenting with a different dried flower if you wanted. The second gift is a hand-sewn stocking. This is made of felt with a patterned heart appliqued on. The stocking I received is sewn together with a blanket stitch but you could use a different stitch if you wanted. If you aren't very good at sewing, you could just sew some buttons on.

The final gift is a Christmas pudding pin cushion. This is a slightly harder gift to make but it looks so sweet and is perfect for someone who likes sewing. This one was made by sewing two circles of brown felt together with some stuffing in between and then by sewing on some white felt to mimic icing, and green felt for holly. Stick some red pins in for the berries!

These hand sewn Christmas gifts would be the perfect things to give to your family and friends this Christmas. I think that a handmade gift is always extra special and it is the perfect way to show that you care.

I hope that you will give one of these a go!

Comments

Popular Posts